Friday, April 08, 2005

HOPE AND LIFE

I went to Cambridge a few weeks ago, from the 23rd of March until the 5th of April 2005.

I had a really good time and I experienced finding myself, my depth and my breadth. Yes, I had work done during the trip but that was expected. There were layers of experience, points of reference, insights into what is in store for my future and I found out that my life is not for me alone.

My life is to be shared by someone and I am to share that person's life.

It began to make sense to me. Why having a relationship is important to enable to find myself. Isn't the objective of living is to find oneself and to ask of oneself what one can do for society. Someone sharing your hopes and dreams could be so moving and touches the very core of your being.

We try to find a place somewhere in our society. When they say ' finding a niche', I imagine that way. To find a place in society, to grow and nourish ourselves and others. But in order to do that, one must find oneself first. And in order to find oneself, one needs to 'love' oneself. And one can only love oneself if one loves another.

How deep one finds oneself is reflective of how deep one loves another. It is like a pool of deep water. First you see the reflection and than you go in and if you go deep enough (plus having to deal with the dangers), you will find treasures to behold and to discover.

Analogies are there to help explain things.

I feel so very alive and hopeful with life.

No comments: