Monday, May 25, 2009

Go with the flow

In order to write a story or a song, why is it that I have to work myself into an emotional state? I have a problem with that because I really cannot fake it. I mean, I cannot "act" that emotional state. I have to have it for real, and then I get the creative juices flowing and when I do write, it then become possible for me to be creative...which means what I write is "flowing", not contrived or self-conscious.

I really adore Haruki Murakami, especially when he suddenly became a writer and he is not preconceived or try to teach people, but he just went with the flow of thoughts...

I want to write like him, free of pre-concepts, easy and flowing...

2 comments:

miesmoshe said...

i think that an emotional state is where the conscious and the subconscious mind is in harmony. that is when a masterpiece is been created.

Naziaty said...

Could it be then or another way to put it - Bringing the un-conscious out and getting it to steer the course of action - to create that masterpiece?