Monday, December 28, 2009

Lack of inspiration requires heroes

Sometimes we sat slumped in our seats, tired and worn. Not so much out of physical tiredness, but more like, mentally and spiritually spent.

There is a side to us, the spiritual side which we often neglect. Straight on, we would expect our spiritual side to be nourished with spiritual activities, like doing prayers and such. However, I would like to add that the emotional side is strongly linked with the spiritual side and that when the emotional needs are being fed, the spirit is revived.

Take for instance - being inspired. To be inspired requires oneself to "cry" in ecstasy of the incredible and sublime moment witnessed or felt. To connect with a moment of sublimity and pure joy would be incredible.

What gets you?

What makes you inspired?

When I visited the Van Gogh Museum at Amsterdam, and viewing his work, I get inspired. Something stirred within me.

When I watched Steven Gerrard scored that wonderful header against Wolves, I got tears in my eyes.


These things inspired me because I have a connection to them. An emotional one. And it carried my spirits, afloat, if for a moment.

We should not be shy to say that we are inspired by some act of sublimity by humans. It is ours. We do not have to be apologetic about it.

Of course, we witness the Act of God and there are many around us.

It is human to be touched by other humans because we operate in so many ways. Not just one way.

But two ways. And at best of times, these moments are with other humans. Our heroes...every day...

We are connected and in that emotional connection, we can get inspired.

When we lack inspiration, we require 'our heroes' to show the way.

No comments: