I just finished watching Quentin Tarantino's latest film named The Inglorious Basterds. This is not meant to be a review, but if you want to know about it, this link is good:
rogerebert.com
Also the rotten tomatoes reviews.
Anyway, let's get back on my take on this movie.
This movie celebrates FILM. Because it is wicked and Tarantino, he blows up the cinema by using the film (nitrate content)to blow it up. But when you see the shots and frames, he celebrates FILM (with capital letters...)
You need to get pass the gory scalp and battered head scenes, but by now you are so use to Tarantino so it's a matter of course all that violence. But the brilliant part about the movie is of course the conversations. You must be a Tarantino fan to appreciate the long conversations. I would rewind the tape over and over again to check the nuances and double entendres of the message and story.
I mean, art is about nuances and the poetics of it all and Tarantino's movies are art forms of the genre.
There are so many delicious bits about the movie, in particular Brad Pitt's character and how he as an actor was enjoying it so much.
I leave you here with this link which is the best to describe the movie and make sense of it all.
Inglourious Bastards: Real or fictitious it does not matter
No comments:
Post a Comment