Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kindred Spirit

I was thinking about the phrase and idiom 'kindred spirit' which means: A kindred spirit is someone who feels and thinks the way you do.

I was thinking about it while looking at the small bonfire that was lit at my house compound. I think the word to define a small bunch of twigs and wood to make a little bonfire is kindling.

Somehow those two words/phrases got together and made me think about life, fire, passion and the belief to go and fulfill your heart's desire.

Add some more twigs and dry wood and you get a bigger fire.

To me those 'twigs and dry wood' are like friends who come into your life and with their desire and passion add to yours. That's why I feel life must be filled with beauty and the zest for it. I found friends that believe in the same things that I do, no matter their religious beliefs, cultural background and age.

Kindred spirits are around me, cloaking me in their warmth, making beautiful companionships possible.

No comments: