Friday, May 12, 2006

FA Cup Final 2006



(FA Cup - the prize for the winner...who will it be? Liverpool or West Ham?)




(Pic above was taken during the Champion's League Final Match in Istanbul 2005. What jubilation it was for being victorious. Can we repeat another victory again this May 2006 with the FA Cup?)

It will be a brilliant match between Liverpool FC and West Ham United at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff (pic below), that's for sure. I am so excited about the match because it will mark a certain milestone in Rafa's team, and cap a wonderful season where we ended 3rd in the Premier League just short of 9 points off the leaders.



Nowadays I find myself always humming to the tune of "You'll Never Walk Alone" (see lyrics in the last post) to entertain myself and make myself happy. There has been a lot of pressure on myself to complete my work and I just cannot concentrate much, and has been so poor at it.

Oh well, I should be going back home soon enough and I wish I had gone back earlier because I would have had more time to use to prepare for how to work in Malaysia and get my PhD done at the same time. But I have been always too ambitious and do not really know how to judge how much to work during the time given, and always fall short of my own expectations.





Wow, look at the jubilation of the Liverpool FC players (in the pic above) when they realised that they had won the Champion's League after Dudek saved the penalty. Even though Dudek did not figure that much in this season's campaign and we will see Pepe Reina in goal in Cardiff, Jerzy Dudek will always be a symbol of the victory that was won on penalties. Below is a pic done in retro B&W style that showed just how much he was being appreciated.




Liverpool fans are the best in the world, and many had said so (including Johan Cruyff) who witnessed the never ending faith that the fans showed when they sang YNWA at half-time to give support to the players. Even though the team was down 3-0 at half-time... Yes, Liverpool fans are really something. Even when they lost to Benfica in this years CL competition, they cheered Benfica as the worthy winners at the end of the match. And if you go to http://www.redandwhitekop.com you will still get posts and threads by the Benfica fans who always kept giving well-wishes to the Liverpool fans, noticeably for the last Semi Final Match against Chelsea. Surely other football clubs should get jealous of Liverpool fans.





And look at that huge flag (pic above), the one that left a gap to be filled later for the 5th Champion's League Cup Winners Logo to be inserted. Who are these Liverpool fans, so reverent are they to support their team. Unbelievable...






And finally, here he is in the pic above, the talismanic captain, Captain Fantastic, Stevie Gerrard, and it was just a little under a year ago when he was considering to leave the club, due to pressure and miscommunication between him and the club. He has grown in stature and after winning the PFA Player of the Year award recently, that showed really why people admire him so much and I bet he is so glad now that he did not leave.

Good Luck Stevie and the Liverpool FC Team...To Rafa Benitez, I salute you!

(All pics taken from photo gallery of www.redandwhitekop.com)

No comments: