Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The unexpectedness of things

You know how things are.
You try to bring a constant into your life.
It may be a companion or a friend or a hobby, whatever, some stability into your life.
Something to keep you going and look forward to the day.
When the day is done and dusted, you look forward to the next day.

We would sketch a plan for what's to come, but we will never know, what could be lurking around the corner? Or another way of putting it...the unexpectedness of things.

Actually you do expect these things to happen, but when it actually happened, there and then, you got surprised, probably because you are not ready or maybe because you thought those things should happen a long time ago or something like that.

Because you are used to having predictable events and going through the motions, and then when the 'thing' happens, which you had secretly wanted it to happen anyway, you sort of caught unawares and have to use your wits and wills about you to 'cope' with its presence in your life.

Well, this happened to me recently. I wanted to resist it but I knew it would happen when I am stressed. Things like this always happens when you are stressed.

Unbelievably I managed to make this 'constant' a part of my life now. Don't know how long it will last, but I am enjoying it actually.

No comments: