Today my design thesis students presented their first semester's work. Usually I would write about this in my "life is a design thesis" blog. But this is about how I feel personally and what its doing to me, so I write it here.
I write today in sheer frustration, about letting down my students. All of them. All of my design thesis studio students.
This is what I feel.
Don't try to make me feel better, because I know better. I know what could have been done better.
There are certain individuals I feel very responsible about because I did not get to them earlier.
I have no excuses except the fact that I realised the head of department's job had to make something 'give in' and in this case its the design studio.
Their is a lecturer who is concerned about the fact that I have the head of department's job and I agree its true, it affects the design studio. In fact the design studio marks are not bad, but I know the truth. I know that it could have been much better.
I want to tell my students why...
But having someone take my place may not help the situation. The grades may be the same though but I need to get real...
There must be a way to make it much better, next semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment