"No way Jose!",someone would call out, if I say, "Life is a game." Surely, amongst us there are the serious people. I am one. I take life seriously.
For instance, being a lecturer is based on the fact that I want to do good. For humankind, society and for a life-long learning experience. Learning is good. We become better human beings. There are some things that was thought to me regarding spiritual and religious matters that I try to live up to. Fardhu kifayah or to be able to contribute to society and participate in positive community life.
Then why do I say, "Life is a game."
Provocation is a way to create an understanding and realisation about what constitutes life. However, I don't mean to be a "bully" and provoke people unnecessary. I just feel that I have some insights and some skills (blessed by God) to do things or make things happen in a society. I kept on using my intuition a lot in whatever I do. Sometimes its okay and many times it caused problems for me.
"Life is a game" means that there is a time frame put to life. There are rules and regulations set or interpret by the people who either want the game to happen in a harmonious and conducive manner or to control the proceedings. You can have a referee to implement the rules. Sometimes a whistle is blown when you are caught offside or fouling an opponent. You are not suppose to endanger other people or release your anger and take it out on an opponent. You could be sent off and not participate in life, like "go to jail" or "chill-out".
"Life is a game" also means that the clock is running, while you are in the game. You still can turn the game around by focusing on what matters most and step up on your performance. Say you had a bad 15 minutes of the game, so you analyse and be critical about your performance so far, and then you up your performance by learning quickly about your mistakes and keep focusing on getting better, because you are given the chance to get back into the game.
Sometimes you see someone who inspires you or give you reasons to perform better. So you motivate yourself and up your performance level, so that you get back into the game.
As long as the "final whistle" is not blown, you still have a chance to turn the game to your advantage.
PS - Like even in Islam, it is taught that you still have a chance to redeem yourself, any time before you leave this earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment