Wednesday, January 14, 2004
Once a designer, always a designer. I was trained to be an architect for a total of eleven years, including year outs! Design was my passion, and then I became an academic. Teaching was also my passion. I had to make a decision between both passions. In 1996, while doing my masters, I decided to dedicate my life to teaching. There was one time when I had the opportunity to make lots of money. Some time during the year 2000 or 2001. After much debating, I decided to stick to teaching. The only problem with teaching is that it is never only teaching. You will be saddled with administration work or bureacracy intricacies and often political intrigue cancerised into the whole institution of higher learning. That is when the pain starts to swell and you suddenly wished the aggravation is not worth it. But so far, I have stuck to it. And so the story goes...I still love teaching, but now I have incorporated design into it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment