Friday, December 23, 2005

Xmas in Manchestee

It is that time of the year again.

For a researcher, it is a time when beginning of December, it is quite impossible to get any information out of your interviewees simply because everyone is busy preparing for Christmas. Except one of my interviewees (bless her) did manage to answer all that she could to keep me pretty occupied during the break.

I hate getting stuck in the crowds and traffic jams in the middle of Manchestee, so there is nothing to show here, I mean no photos. But tonight, out there, people are madly, crazily trying to buy in the very last minute whatever gifts they are going to get for their loved ones. Of course, some people did that ages ago.

Yesterday, I went to TESCO and it was not a good time to go as you really have to wait quite long at the counters. The lady and her family in front me at the queue had a turkey, loads of brussel sprouts, parsnips, many many bottles of flavoured water, and all sorts of things that you know are for the family feast and festivities.

However, the good thing about Christmas is that people are a bit nicer to each other. Probably everyone is looking forward to celebrating and in the cold weather, it's one way to feel warm. I remember in the summer people are pretty awful sometimes, because they could not stand the hot weather.

Well, I am going to town in awhile and will probably drop by at the shops on the way just to get one thing, but if its too congested I will probably give it a miss.

No comments: