Monday, November 23, 2009

Journeys

Maybe many people don't do this or they do it differently but I have my "own Haruki Murakami" novel of my life...'Kafka on the Shore'. Age 15, and the hero Kafka discovered himself. As I have to continue discovering like him. I have the right to know about myself.

We may be doing selfish things. In a way everyone is selfish or practise whether they can see themselves or not. It's all about self-preservation. The number one thing that all living being wills itself to do.

Because we fall in love, we want to discover ourselves. It is a fact. We are selfish. Its not about the other person actually. Its about ourselves. Self-preservation again.

Like I said, today, Chapter One closes.

Let's look back:

1962 - 65 : Baby and toddler years or the beginning
1966 - 73 : Pain and strength
1973 - 79 : San Diego - my first journey
1976 - 79 : TKC years
1980 - 84 : First Pain as an adult
1985 - 90 : London years
1991 - 94 : UTM JB
1995 - 96 : Preamble
1997 - 04 : Finding myself after Dad died
2005 - 09 : Chapter One - my first spiritual journey

Yes, that's about it. If I die tomorrow, that's it. That's my life. Don't know what will happen after this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog! Very interesting thoughts penned!