Wednesday, August 10, 2005

London

I am in London now. Tomorrow I will travel back to Salford via Manchester. I arrived at London on the 4th of August and nipped over to Cambridge over the weekend.

It has been a hectic 6 days when I had just completed the last and 4th interview just now. I spoke with a person from English Heritage, who was my 'gatekeeper', who helped me immensely by giving the names of people whom I could interview for my research. They come from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the National Trust and the Historic Houses Association.

Traveling in and around London was at first a very daunting affair, as you can see from reading my previous posts. There was the odd security scare amd I experienced some delays, but generally the traveling was okay. On the 4th of August, security was heightened by added police presence as it was exactly two weeks after the last attempt of bombing and four weeks after the first bombings. Police were everywhere, on the platforms, at the concourse, scrutinising everyone. I also get the feel of people eyeing my rucksack when I enter a carriage.

I will be glad to get back and get on with my work. Summer will be over soon.

No comments: