Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Borders Book Sale


A boat near the Swansea dock

I really had a good time last night rummaging through the calendars for sale at more than half their original price. It was crazy with some selling for two pounds, when the original price was five times more. There were so many calendars (well, it is January 17th already), and this branch of Borders bookshop had only recently been opened, so you could imagine that not many customers had patronized the place, and / or that they had not envisaged what type of customers would frequent this store. (Maybe not the buying calendars type...)

We bought quite a few calendars (to be used as posters) and there were many discounted books as well. I feel like going there again, as for sure there would be many bargains later this week. I really like bookshops and in Manchester there are not many of those delicious small bookshops where you could find a bargain and having a Borders 7 minutes drive away is some sort of small happiness to me.

I remembered when I used to work in central London near the University College area, I frequented my favourite bookshop every lunch time. What I did was to quickly swallow the sandwich and crisp with an apple juice, and spent the rest of my lunch time at the bookshop. I was into spirituality books a lot at one time, and there was this little bookshop near Duke Street where I was being satisfied a lot with the extensive choice on this subject.

Nowadays, I just cannot find time to relax with a book, with the thesis hanging on top of my head, and I longed to be able to relax again.

1 comment:

Naziaty said...

Hi there. Thanks for reading my blog. I will surely visit your blog from time to time. Take care.