Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What I did yesterday and today

Gambar Gulai Ikan Tempoyak yang Mak buat...circa 2003...sedapnya...

Spent the last few minutes of 2005 gazing out of the window in Prestwich, looking at the fireworks, presumably over Heaton Park... It's 2006 now, time to buckle-down and do the work, and finish it off!

Spent yesterday doing my work, checking the books, documents, online publication, just to get the relevant quotes for my dissertation. It's one of days where I just have to stay at home to do work. Trying to complete by today but it looks impossible at the moment. Either tomorrow or more likely the next day. Tomorrow school will reopened and I could start going to work at school...

Thought about new year resolutions and then quickly day-dreamed what I am going to do after I finished my PhD. I think I am like "Mat Jenin", who likes to day-dream... When I go back this year, I will visit Penang and see some of my buddies there. I wonder if I could do some interesting research on Accessible Heritage Tourism or something like that. It's like going back to my MSc days, when I was interested on that subject... Something that allows me to travel.

Heritage Tourism includes sampling some culture right? So what is Bentong, Pahang / Minang culture like? Just take a look at the mouth-watering Gulai Ikan Tempoyak Pahang style (Fish in Fermented Durian Curry)....mmm, delicious...That's Pahang style, not so thick, and the fermented durian is quite fresh, not fermented long...with a few added ingredients...My new year resolution? To be able to cook gulai tempoyak and more traditional dishes!

No comments: