It's about 10 minutes drive to Manchester via Bury New Road, but where I live feels like it's in the suburbs and much farther from the hustle bustle of central Manchester. Where I stay at the top floor of the 3 storey house, it feels so very quiet, even in the summer.

The view from my window shows the neighbours' back gardens (in the summer), and it looks serene and green. You can hear sometimes families having a meal in their gardens, children yelling sporadically during an outdoor game or some small celebrations, singing and music, but none of the irritating blasting hip-hop music, or people arguing loudly that I used to experience in my previous house. It is all very civil-like here.

I could even dare to suggest that wild animals were found spotted in Prestwich, based on the photo of our back-garden, evidently overgrown and the foliage flourishing most of the summer, and look closely (pic below), and you will see, a red fox, having a snooze in the garden. And its mate a bit hidden in the left corner... I was so delighted at this creature finding comfort and rest right out of my window and often spied on it. First there was one, then two... Maybe intending on having babies! But alas! My landlord's agent who is also my neighbour shooed the foxes away. Bad, bad, Mr. Krammer...

But now is winter, and no wild animals lurking in my back-garden. The leaves are no more, only "graphic trees"... The road where I live is shown below. The days are short, glum and bleak.

As I gaze out of my car window, I see more graphic trees. So quickly had summer passed me by and cold January and February, and even March beckons, with possible snow showers predicted to come, for the worst winter since 1995/96 they say....

Tomorrow, I shall be coming to these row of shops to collect my laundry. Poor Maxine was inundated with bags of laundry to be washed, when I went there just now to drop off my laundry. She's doing a social service actually. God bless her and bless all those people who makes other lives a bit more manageable and a bit more happy...

Just in case you could not spot the foxes, here they are encircled in red!

No comments:
Post a Comment