Wednesday, January 19, 2011

UM need to prioritise

A great lesson that I learned this week (and its barely Wednesday) is that Universiti Malaya have to prioritise its people and not just interested in covering its "arse".

UM here means people working in management. People want to criticise me, fine, for bailing out from being Head of Department, whatever...but at the end of the day, you need to be in tune with the staff's problems.

Of course, its a 'kick on my head' metaphorically, now I get to feel this lack of 'people first' policy about this issue of the lift (broken down since 6:12 pm on Monday), but do I have to take this over and over again. I had to go to JPPHB myself and sort it out where the faculty should have sort it out for me.

Wasting my time and energy that could have been put to good use. Wasted a whole day yesterday.