
Euston Station is about 500 yards walking distance away from King's Cross Station. Rail passengers from Manchester and the North West of England, including Scotland, would be arriving at this station, whereby those coming from North East of England, like Cambridge and West Anglia and also parts of Scotland would come to King's Cross. And there is a station in between these two, which is St. Pancras, that caters for trains coming from the Midlands.
Tavistock Square where the bus no. 30 was caught in the bomb attack is about 80 yards away from Euston Station.
When I go back to Manchester, I have to use Euston Station, and last week, I had to board a no. 30 bus from King's Cross to come to Euston. Everyone in the bus strained their head to look at Tavistock Square as we passed by the road. Of course there is a huge white plastic sheet that span the whole of the road and a barrier near the junction of the road to stop people from coming in, with only news crews lining the barrier in anticipation. Not much to see.
It was one of the hottest day in July last Tuesday, and I decided to eat my lunch at the area outside the station concourse. They added some wooden benches and introduced four kiosk eateries there to cater for the need for people to eat outside.

I noted that there was no rubbish bins anywhere in sight and when the cleaner came round, he checked whatever rubbish left, including paper bags! People were clearly vigilant and even when I took some shots with my camcorder, you get people looking at you. A news camera crew was told off in the station, by one of the security guards, to not be so noticeable.
I would like to share some pics taken on July 12, six days after the bomb attacks. Clearly, people try to be calm and normal again.


No comments:
Post a Comment