We left the main gate and we now approach the vehicular cum pedestrian access to Heaton Park. If I had known the security code of the main gate, I could drive straight to Heaton Hall.

Pedestrian in large groups in particular like to walk along this wide road cum walkway meant for both pedestrian and vehicles and is graveled. The route goes direct to Heaton Hall from the main carpark area.

At the bottom of the wide road cum walkway, is another gate, which I believe is designed that way to provide different access for the vehicle and the pedestrian, but I think is irrelevant.
After the gate, one sees the back elevation of Heaton Park which provides for entry into the building. There are carpark spaces adjacent to the building and a ramp to take one into the building which I believe is temporary.
The Farm Buildings are used for demonstration, talks and workshops on horticulture and farming.
There are signposts at the intersections of the walkways to aid the pedestrian, but there are not many of them.
This approaches the front elevation of Heaton Hall.
This is the front elevation of Heaton Hall where it overlooks a field where it said that cattle roam and a landscape feature was built, like a dyke, to provide barrier to deter the cattle from encroaching.
Heaton Park is a listed building and have interesting displays inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment