Thursday, June 09, 2005

Manchester City Football Stadium Tour



Marcus, my supervisor and I went on the Manchester City Football Stadium Tour last year, and I decided to sit on the manager's seat, at that time, it was Kevin Keegan. He was a Liverpool player in the 70s, so that was the thrill of posing on his chair.

Recently, I went to the same tour again with Judy Wee last Friday, and they had replaced Kevin Keegan with Stuart Pierce, who did well, to be fair. But there was no thrill as he was a Nottingham Forest player, as we know it, so... In fact everyone in the tour party was not that excited unlike the Liverpool Football Stadium Tour that I went with my family! What a difference in emotion and sentimental association...

The stadium which had won the First Prize in the RIBA Inclusive Design Award,had originally been conceived and built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games.They had refurbished and added more seatings, for a total of 48,500 seats.
Manchester City Football Stadium Info

The tour guide said that there were about 200 or more seats for the disabled spectator, and Judy and I gasped in appreciation. "Yes, that would have cliched the First Prize beating the likes of the Manchester Chinese Art Centre and the Manchester Museum..." I thought secretly.

Needless to say, Judy's digital camera had run out of battery power as she was busy clicking away during the tour.

No comments: