Thursday, June 16, 2005

Yesterday's Seminar

Yesterday, I attended a seminar organised by the English Heritage, National Trust and Disability Rights Commission on Historic Environment at the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral.


Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
Originally uploaded by Naziaty.



There were really only two participants and three speakers, plus three others from the organisors. However it was lively as the two participants including myself were animated in discussion along with the speakers. It was a good networking prospect.

What is particularly interesting on the issues raised by the speakers were issues that I had increasingly being aware of in my research of late. These are; Disability Awareness (relating to managing the services for the public), the Idea of Significance in the Historic Environment and Consultation with the Users. In fact, I can safely say that these are the main issues to the whole issue of Acess to Historic Environment in England and Wales, now. I would even go far as to start my PhD thesis conclusions on these issues.

No comments: